MESSAGE FROM THE DEAN
“The MBA was originally designed in the middle of last century specifically for engineers promoted into managerial positions. Well qualified engineers suddenly found themselves having to deal with budgets, accounts, and make decisions involving people, designing strategic plans, as well as leading staff and solving marketing and financial problems. If anything, these managerial issues have become more complicated and more specialised over time.
Our MBA teaches you how to be a manager and leader, how to solve problems, how to make the right decisions, and how to utilise the concept of economy of effort to maximise every possible opportunity. Our lecturers are subject experts, they all have industry experience, and know how to help the learner to understand and apply their subject matter. We not only impart useful, practical business knowledge, but we will teach you how to become a better and a more confident manager.
I’ve been teaching executives, professionals, and MBA students for over 25 years in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and now Malaysia and I am proud of our MBA programme. We can teach you how to plan for an uncertain future, how to solve complex business problems, how to lead teams, departments, and even companies, and we will teach you how to innovate, undertake research, and develop and commercialise new products and services. If you’re serious about being the best manager or business owner, then our MBA will provide the best pathway to achieve your goal.”
Dr Richard Pech PhD, MBA
Our vision is for DRB-HICOM University Graduate School to achieve the highest level of excellence in Doctoral, Masters, and Postgraduate Diploma and Certificate programme administration, teaching delivery, and research.
The mission of the Graduate School is to advance quality graduate education and to intellectually stimulate and enhance the learning experiences of our graduate students. We further this mission by providing rapid and quality services, oversight, and advocacy for all aspects of the graduate enterprise at DRB-HICOM University’s Graduate School.
MBA – launches soon
1. Accounting for Managers
2. Organizational Behaviour
3. Economics for Managers
4. Marketing Management
5. Information Systems & E-Commerce
6. Corporate Finance
8. Strategic Management
9. Advanced Research Methods
10. Quantitative Analysis
11. Minor Thesis
Course Elective Specialisations
1. Human Resource Management
2. Industrial Relations
3. Operations Management
4. Cross Culture Management
SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
1. Supply Chain Management
2. Logistic & Transportation Management
3. Procurement and Vendor Development
4. Warehousing & Inventory Management
1. Distribution Channel Marketing
2. Products and Brand Management
3. International Marketing
4. Marketing Industrial Research
1. Principles of Leadership
2. Leadership & Change Management
3. Effective Leadership Applications
4. Leadership Ethical Challenges
2. Innovation Entrepreneurship
3. Advanced Entrepreneurship
4. New Ventures Development
1. Managerial Economics
2. Managerial Finance
3. Business Law
4. Marketing Strategy
Teaching & Learning Approach
Our graduate school teaching method utilises three stages of learning. This is called Fundamental Actional Learning [FAL] – Theory – Cases – Application.
Knowing the theory which is fundamental to develop student understanding of the issues at hand or to be able to understand any given new or complex situation.
The theories or issues will be supported with REAL LIFE case studies that students can relate to in their workplace.
Application is what the result should be i.e. understanding the theory, then followed by an analysis of the cases provided, students should be able to relate the solution to real problems.
Students will have the skills to develop innovative solutions or suggestions for their workplace.
Student Entry Requirements
We are looking for students who are enthusiastic, curious and industrious as well as having a desire to develop an entrepreneurial spirit.
Entry requirement for the programme:
• A bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the DHU University’s Senate; OR A bachelor’s degree or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in a relevant field.
• Local and international students are required to have/show a good level or competent use of English language proficiency. DHU accepts MUET/IELTS/TOEFL/DHUAM’s Internal English Assessments/Equivalent. Competency/grading subject to DHU’s Senate Approval.
GRADUATE SCHOOL MAIN FACULTY
- Dr Richard Pech, former Professor and Director of Research from the Graduate School of Management at La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia and now Dean of the Graduate School at DRB-HICOM University, Malaysia
- PhD in Aviation and Psychology from the Massey University School of Aviation, New Zealand as well as an MBA from the Faculty of Business, Massey University, New Zealand
- Author of four books on business innovation and strategy as well as more than 35 international journal articles on decision psychology, terrorism, and innovative business management
- Received 3 international awards for high quality research
- Consulted for numerous organisations such as Singapore Airlines, New Zealand Police, Electrolux, Abu Dhabi Police, Garuda Airlines
- Expertise in change management, leadership, strategy, entrepreneurship and innovation, and business research and business improvement methods
- Dr Hafizul Othman, has spent more than seven years as a lecturer and Head of IT Department, followed by nine years as a Marketing Manager at an IT-based company. Currently he is the Head of Business Development & Collaboration at DRB-HICOM University, Malaysia
- PhD in Technopreneurship (Commercialization) and MSc. in Information Technology & Technopreneurship from the Faculty of Computer Science, Universiti Sains Malaysia. He also holds a Post Graduate Certificate in Business Administration from University of Leicester, UK and BSc. in Computer Science from University of Missouri, USA
- Author of several international journals and book chapters on technopreneurship and commercialization of university inventions
- Expertise in university IT invention for commercialization. Within the area of IT, his expertise are C, C++, Java, Java Script and Expert System as well as e-Commerce, Computer Networking and Business Information System
- Dr. Zahari Abu Bakar is a senior lecturer and also the Acting Head of Department in the Faculty of Business and Management at DRB-HICOM University of Automotive Malaysia
- Holds a PhD in Technology Management and Logistics as well as MBA with specialization in Technology Management from University Utara Malaysia
- Published several journal articles and conference papers on business continuity management, information technology and social media
- 20+ years of industry experience in various sectors namely airlines, banking and electronic payment services. Obtained certification of Business Continuity Certified Specialist and a member of Business Continuity Management Institute
- Specialization in Management Information System, Business Continuity Management, Project Management and Operations Management
- Dr Jalal Hanaysha, worked at Al-Rajeh Auto Trade Company for a year as a customer service representative, and now is Head of
Department-Business, Management, and Tourism at DRB-HICOM University of Automotive, Malaysia
- PhD in Business Management from Universiti Utara Malaysia, Malaysia, as well as an Msc (Management) from the College of Business, Universiti Utara Malaysia, Malaysia. Also received a bachelor’s degree in Marketing from Arab American University – Jenin, Palestine
- Received a postgraduate scholarship for PhD programme from University Utara Malaysia
- Received Best Paper Award (OVERALL) at Seminar on Islamic Quality Management, Putrajaya, December 2014
- Published 20 research articles describing brand equity, relationship quality, product innovation, service quality, customer satisfaction, and human resource practices
- His research interests include business management and marketing, in particular branding, consumer behaviour, business and product innovation,
human resource practices, and business strategy
GRADUATE SCHOOL MEMBERS
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Richard Pech, Dean, Graduate School
Prof. Dr. Garry Clayton, Vice Chancellor, Business
Prof. Dr. Mahamad Bin Tayib, Deputy Vice Chancellor, Business
Assoc. Prof. Ir. Dr. Azmi Bin Ahmad, Dean, Engineering
Dr. Sivaprakasam Thamizhmanii, Senior Lecturer, Engineering
Dr. Kamran Latif, Senior Lecturer, Engineering
Dr. Siti Nur Sakinah Jamaludin, Senior Lecturer, Engineering
Dr. Zahari Bin Abu Bakar, Senior Lecturer, Business
Dr. Lee Khai Loon, Senior Lecturer, Business
Dr. Putri Rozita Binti Tahir, Senior Lecturer, Business
Dr. Jalal Rajeh Mohammad Hanaysha, Senior Lecturer, Business
Dr. Murugesh Arunachalam, Affiliate Professor, Business
Dr. Hafizul Bin Othman, Senior Lecturer, Business
Idris Bin Salim, Deputy Dean, Graduate School
Nor Aini Binti Ahmad, Admin Assistant, Graduate School
Graduate School, DRB-HICOM University: +609 424 2721
Graduate School Dean, Dr Richard Pech: +609 424 2720, firstname.lastname@example.org